Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Joining the blogging world!


I've been thinking about blogging for quite some time, but have been reluctant to start, as I didn't want to have a blog that started out with a bang and ended up sitting idle. I started out following some blogs, and found that after a while, they became dormant, and I stopped checking in on them. Others have gone in the complete opposite swing. They are so active, and have page after page, photo after photo and link after link. It becomes so mind boggling, I sometimes forget what I've read and what I still have to read. While I want to stick with are the ones that remain active, there must be a happy medium. Those are the blogs I like to follow. I can read their daily or three times weekly posts at a leisurely pace and truly enjoy it. That's what I hope this blog becomes - a place to feel like you are visiting with a friend and catching up on what's happening.

I've been making artist teddy bears for some 20 odd years, and have branched out to making other animals as well. Most of my creations are made from mohair, and recently, I've found the new South African mohair fabrics to be a fun, new product to work with. I do a lot of repairs to well loved stuffed animals and cloth dolls, as well.
I've always dabbled in some type of the arts, but my mainstay has always involved fabrics of some sort. I'm pretty much self-taught, though I've taken a few classes along the way, and tried to get as much as I could out of each class that I took. Like anything else, some classes were better than others. I have a keen interest in pincushions and find it a challenge to try to come up with new and different ideas to make them.
I participate in a number of trade shows per year, mainly bear and/or doll shows, and also have a booth at the International Quilt Festival in Houston each fall.

Luann


No comments:

Post a Comment